FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Can you tell me where the closest meeting is to me?
Please click here to go to our meeting list page. From there, you can see meetings any day of the week, and get a printable version. Allow it to use your location and it will tell you the distance each meeting is from you, over on the right hand side.
- I’m a family member or friend of an addict, where can I get help for myself?
There are several programs out there such as Nar-Anon and Al-Anon that help family and friends of addicts. They can be found by doing a simple internet search. We have no opinion on them, nor do we endorse any of them. We are not affiliated with any of them in any way.
- Can you help my addict family member or friend?
Yes, we DO recover in Narcotics Anonymous. Here are some of our suggestions for them:
* Make an NA meeting as soon as possible. Make a meeting every day for 90 consecutive days.
* Show up early for the meeting and stay late.
* Get a sponsor (see the next question on how).
* Pick up some NA literature and read it. Most meetings will have free informational pamphlets.
* Keep coming back. Even if a meeting is not to your liking we have diverse formats and members, try another.
- I need a sponsor, can you help me get one?
If you have regular access to NA meetings, you’ll be able to find a sponsor at an NA meeting. Some people will share in the meeting that they are looking for a sponsor. Others won’t. Some people will wait until they attend a few meetings and find someone that they connect with. Then, they just ask that person after the meeting to be their sponsor. Some people will ask someone to sponsor them at their first meeting. It is really up to you. But, the best suggestion we can give you for finding a sponsor is to attend one of our meetings.
- How much does it cost to go to NA?
There are no dues or fees to belong to NA – the only requirement for membership is a desire to stop using. You do not need health insurance or anything like that to be a member.
- Do you have a detox or treatment center?
No. We do not provide those types of service.
*(adapted from Capital Area North Carolina NA)